Participate in a Study
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) frequently seeks volunteers to participate in its studies. Volunteers are selected based on whether they meet the requirements for the objectives specific to the study. Licensed drivers, 18 and older, and all levels of experience are needed for research studies.
Sign-up to be Contacted about Future Studies
VTTI maintains a database of potential candidates for study participation. General studies normally take a few hours to complete, and most provide modest pay for volunteers. If you are interested in being added to the general study database for contact about future participation opportunities, please complete this form. Your submission will be automatically forwarded to a VTTI participant recruitment specialist.
Please note that, by completing the form, you are not agreeing to participate in any particular study. You are simply submitting your name and information for contact by a VTTI researcher when recruiting for a study. Any information you provide will remain confidential and will not be shared with others outside of VTTI.
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) is seeking drivers aged 25-70 who have valid U.S. class A commercial driver’s licenses for a research study.
Total participation time consists of one visit lasting 3-4 hours during which participants will provide their opinions on interior truck designs. No driving is required.
A variety of body types are sought for the study and all volunteers will have their height and weight measured.
This project provides compensation at $40 per hour with a MasterCard; up to six hours of travel time may also be compensated. All data will be kept strictly confidential.
To learn more, please contact 540-231-0295 or email CDLdrivers@vtti.vt.edu. Reference “the Crate Study” in your message.
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) is seeking drivers with a valid U.S. driver’s license who are 30-75 years of age and must meet the following criteria:
- Drive a newer vehicle with advanced technology OR
- Are in the market for a new vehicle equipped with advanced technology such as driver assistance features
- Routinely use a smartphone with Bluetooth capability
The project requires two visits scheduled about a week apart.
- Both sessions will last approximately 2 hours each
- Drive our research vehicle on Rt. 460 & I-81 in the Blacksburg area and then onto the Smart Road at VTTI
- This project provides compensation of $60 for each session, for a possible total of $120, for full participation in both sessions
- Your data will be kept strictly confidential
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us at: 540-231-0988 or email@example.com. Reference the "Lucky Charms" project in your message. All inquiries welcome!
VTTI is currently seeking individuals who:
- Are ages 18 and above;
- Have a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL);
- Drive a commercial motor vehicle such as a tractor-trailer or bus as part of their job;
- Are willing to participate in a study in Blacksburg, Virginia; and
- Are able to read and complete questionnaires.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in participating in a future study, please complete this form. Any information you provide will remain confidential and will not be shared with others outside of VTTI.