Participate in a Study
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) frequently seeks volunteers to participate in its studies. Volunteers are selected based on whether they meet the requirements for the objectives specific to the study. Licensed drivers, 18 and older, and all levels of experience are needed for research studies.
Sign-up to be Contacted about Future Studies
VTTI maintains a database of potential candidates for study participation. General studies normally take a few hours to complete, and most provide modest pay for volunteers. If you are interested in being added to the general study database for contact about future participation opportunities, please complete this form. Your submission will be automatically forwarded to a VTTI participant recruitment specialist.
Please note that, by completing the form, you are not agreeing to participate in any particular study. You are simply submitting your name and information for contact by a VTTI researcher when recruiting for a study. Any information you provide will remain confidential and will not be shared with others outside of VTTI.
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) is seeking drivers with a valid U.S. driver’s license who:
- are 30-45 or 55-70 years of age
- have experience towing with a pick-up truck, SUV, or van
- different levels of experience are needed
- ranging from those new to towing (less than a few years of experience)
- those who tow infrequently
- those with a lot of towing experience
Total participation time: 2 visits, each approximately 3-3.5 hours. Drive our research vehicle coupled to an enclosed cargo trailer on the Smart Road at VTTI and on public roads around the Blacksburg area. This project pays $220 for full participation in both sessions. Your data will be kept strictly confidential.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us at: 540-231-0988 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "the Goose Study" in your message.
VTTI is currently seeking individuals who:
- Are ages 18 and above;
- Have a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL);
- Drive a commercial motor vehicle such as a tractor-trailer or bus as part of their job;
- Are willing to participate in a study in Blacksburg, Virginia; and
- Are able to read and complete questionnaires.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in participating in a future study, please complete this form. Any information you provide will remain confidential and will not be shared with others outside of VTTI.