Participate in a Study
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) frequently seeks volunteers to participate in its studies. Volunteers are selected based on whether they meet the requirements for the objectives specific to the study. Licensed drivers, 18 and older, and all levels of experience are needed for research studies.
Sign-up to be Contacted about Future Studies
VTTI maintains a database of potential candidates for study participation. General studies normally take a few hours to complete, and most provide modest pay for volunteers. If you are interested in being added to the general study database for contact about future participation opportunities, please complete this form. Your submission will be automatically forwarded to a VTTI participant recruitment specialist.
Please note that, by completing the form, you are not agreeing to participate in any particular study. You are simply submitting your name and information for contact by a VTTI researcher when recruiting for a study. Any information you provide will remain confidential and will not be shared with others outside of VTTI.
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI), is seeking individuals to participate in a Transportation Study. This study would involve driving one of our research vehicles instead of your own for a period of 4 weeks. Participants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Live or Work in the Northern Virginia or Washington D.C. area
- Drive a long-distance commute (25+ miles, one way), (~ 60 miles/day, 5 days a week)
- Are 25-54 years of age
- Hold a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Own a smart phone with Bluetooth capability
- Ability to park the research vehicle in a garage is preferred
- Total participation time: 4 weeks
- This project pays up to $500 for full participation
- Your data will be kept strictly confidential
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us at: 540-231-1277 or email, email@example.com
Reference "the Deluxe Study" in your message.
All inquiries welcome!
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute is paying people in the Northern, VA and DC areas to drive their own cars equipped with the advanced technology called Adaptive Cruise Control!
Do you drive a vehicle with Adaptive Cruise Control that will automatically keep pace with the car in front of you without you having to touch the gas or brakes?
Do you also drive regularly on I-495, I-66, US 29, or US 50 and have a valid U.S. license?
If so, you might be eligible to participate in the "Elite" study aimed at providing a better understanding of how vehicles with this adaptive cruise control technology can reduce traffic congestion!
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute will pay you $300 per month, with total compensation between $30 and $3,850.
Estimated participation time is 12 months. All data will be kept strictly confidential.
VTTI is currently seeking individuals who:
- Are ages 18 and above;
- Have a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL);
- Drive a commercial motor vehicle such as a tractor-trailer or bus as part of their job;
- Are willing to participate in a study in Blacksburg, Virginia; and
- Are able to read and complete questionnaires.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in participating in a future study, please complete this form. Any information you provide will remain confidential and will not be shared with others outside of VTTI.