InternHUB: Want to begin building your future now?
Don't wait until you graduate to solve real world problems in a hands-on environment!
"Really, there is no better time than now to get this kind of experience."
– Greg Beale, 2018
Applications are currently being accepted!
To apply on Handshake, please use the link below.
InternHUB is an advanced learning program designed to give you the skills you need to succeed in today’s hypercompetitive job market and streamline your college education towards a career. InternHUB allows you to apply the technical skills learned in school to innovative projects while simultaneously developing professional skills and fostering relationships with high-tech Industry Partners.
Why become an InternHUB member?
Students gain valuable knowledge that will help them become highly desirable in today’s job market.
- More than just a summer internship. InternHUB project teams are designed to span multiple semesters and years, meaning you will have the ability to work with the same Industry Partner for longer periods of time, allowing you to develop skills and perform work you can be proud of.
- Technical skill application. Apply and practice technical skills learned in your academic career.
- Real world project experience. Develop approaches and solutions to real-world industry projects and problems.
- Portfolio development. Learn new skills to diversify your current portfolio of technical and professional capabilities.
- Professional connections. Form a professional relationship with a potential employer.
- Long-term paid positions. Internships are paid opportunities lasting up to 2 years.
- State-of-the-art facilities. Program includes use of VTTI’s Automation Hub and access to the Virginia Smart Road.
- Professional development skills. Practice and develop interview and teamwork skills through partnership with Virginia Tech’s Career and Professional Development.
Working with Continental in Detroit this Summer has been an amazing experience and has really opened my eyes to potential fields that I would like to work in after college. ... I have been a member of various small and large scale project teams throughout high school and college, but this is the first time I have been able to start a project from scratch and have a hand in nearly every stage of its development.
- Sean Coopnhaver, 2019
Not only did I have the opportunity to collaboratively work with a leading automotive OEM, but I [got] to do it while completing my Master’s thesis on a related topic with both VTTI and Continental’s help. The undergraduate and graduate student team that we put together really worked well together – all three of us from different disciplines – and we were able to get a lot accomplished on an ambitious project. ... Having subject matter experts in autonomous architectures and systems available during our time at Continental and advisors here as part of VTTI has been incredibly important to the success of the project...
- Greg Beale, 2019